CI Installer is a staring point for giving your downloadable CodeIgniter
app an installer.
If you're making a CI app that is designed to be downloaded and self-hosted,
then you'll need an easy way for the user to get the DB structure and config
in place. That's what this is for.
NOTE: This is to be used as a starting point. You will have to customize it a
little to make it perfect for your app, and you might have to dig into the code
a little bit. It's pretty simple, so if you have a basic understanding of PHP
you shouldn't have trouble.
- Download CI Installer, rename the folder to 'install' and put it in the root
directory of your CI install (as a sibling to the /system folder).
- Make a SQL dump of your desired database structure and data and paste it into
- Open up index.php and change "Your App" in the <title> to your app's name.
- If you move your CI application folder to a sibling of your system folder
instead of a child (this is common), then do a find/replace to replace
'system/application' with 'application' in all the files.
- In index.php, around line 37 change 'welcome' to the URL of the page
(in CodeIgniter) that you want the user to be redirected to after installing.
- Now try visiting http://yoursite.com/install and see how it goes.
If you have problems or have recommendations, please file an issue at