I'm the labrat.
This is a separate take on Fabric, a project that could be considered 'What Fabric 3 should have been'. The aim is to combine the successful parts of 'Toolbox' and 'Fabric' into a pure gold project.
- Low level
- Focus on tools and graphical applications
- Event driven application flow
- Concurrency support via multiple LuaJIT VMs, called Worker Threads
- Message passing as communication between Worker threads
- Optional: Dedicated rendering thread using 'packet based rendering'
- High level
- OpenGL powered GUI system based on ideas from Blender
- Optional: Native GUI support via Qt
Ideally Labrat should be linked statically with GLFW, but dynamically with LuaJIT, due to LuaJIT-FFI not working if built statically on Windows.
Make sure you have the latest dependencies, then build using bam like this:
bam -r bcs