This is a client for the Websocket protocol (IETF RFC6455) for the Twisted framework.
See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455 for the specifications of the protocol.
Trial (Twisted unit testing suite)
The trial tests require a version of txwebsocket that can be found at: https://github.com/aprilmay/txWebSocket.
Run them with: trial test_websocket_client
The Autobahn test suite is used as third party reference point. These tests are also more functional than the Trial based ones.
Get and install Autobahn (http://www.tavendo.de/autobahn/testsuite.html)
Start the Autobahn test suite server (fuzzing_server.py is located in the source of Autobahn, in the testsuite/websockets directory):
a specific test case (1):
python ./autobahn_test_client.py -c1
a bunch of tests (16) starting at (1):
python ./autobahn_test_client.py -c1 -n 16
complete test suite:
python ./autobahn_test_client.py -a
update the report:
python ./autobahn_test_client.py -u
a quick help:
python ./autobahn_test_client.py -h
Check the report at http://localhost:9090/reports/clients/index.html
NOTE: Currently the tests that should handle UTF-8 decoding errors are failing.
TODO: Refer to the autobahn_test_client.py for a sample usage.
- to Rlotun and the other contributors for the txWebsocket server (http://github.com/rlotun/txWebSocket)
- to Tobias Oberstein (Tavendo GmbH) for the Autobahn test suite
- to milutz for wss/TLS bug report and fix
- to the many people contributing to the Twisted framework
- to the many people contributing to the Python language
- to the many people who have contributed to the definition of the Websocket protocol
- anyone who will contribute to the improvement of this software :)
- Additional testing for the UTF-8 decoding
This software is released under the same terms than the Twisted license. See the LICENSE file distributed with this software.