- Unicode objects will no longer raise an exception when being
- compared equal or unequal to a string and causing a
- UnicodeDecodeError exception, e.g. as result of a decoding failure.
+ compared equal or unequal to a string and a UnicodeDecodeError
+ exception occurs, e.g. as result of a decoding failure.
Instead, the equal (==) and unequal (!=) comparison operators will
now issue a UnicodeWarning and interpret the two objects as
-- The __repr__ method a NULL ctypes.py_object()
does no longer raise
+- The __repr__ method a NULL ctypes.py_object() no longer raise
- uuid.UUID now has a bytes_le attribute. This returns the UUID in
- little-endian byte order for Windows. In addition, uuid.py
+ little-endian byte order for Windows. In addition, uuid.py d some
workarounds for clocks with low resolution, to stop the code yielding
- logging's atexit hook now runs even if the rest of the module has
-- Bug #1112549, DoS attack on cgi.FieldStorage.
+- Bug #1112549, DoS attack on cgi.FieldStorage.
- Bug #1531405, format_exception no longer raises an exception if
str(exception) raised an exception.
- Bug #1534738, win32 debug version of _msi should be _msi_d.pyd.
-- Bug #1530448, ctypes buld failure on Solaris 10 was fixed.
+- Bug #1530448, ctypes buld failure on Solaris 10 was fixed.
-- _PyWeakref_GetWeakrefCount() now returns a Py_ssize_t
, it previously
+- _PyWeakref_GetWeakrefCount() now returns a Py_ssize_t it previously
returned a long (see PEP 353).
- Bug #1515471: string.replace() accepts character buffers again.
This means that .pyc files generated before 2.5b3 will be regenerated.
- Bug #1524317: Compiling Python ``--without-threads`` failed.
- The Python core compiles again
then, and, in a build without threads, the
+ The Python core compiles again, and, in a build without threads, the
new ``sys._current_frames()`` returns a dictionary with one entry,
mapping the faux "thread id" 0 to the current frame.
- Bug #1002398: The documentation for os.path.sameopenfile now correctly
refers to file descriptors, not file objects.
-- Rename of the xml package to xmlcore, and the import hackery done to
- make it appear at both names, has been removed. Bug #1511497,
+- The renaming of the xml package to xmlcore, and the import hackery done
+ to make it appear at both names, has been removed. Bug #1511497,
#1513611, and probably others.
- Bug #1441397: The compiler module now recognizes module and function
side effects from one test to the next affect outcomes. ``DocTestFinder``
has been changed to sort the list of tests it returns.
-- The distutils version has been changed to 2.5.0, and
are now kept
+- The distutils version has been changed to 2.5.0, and now kept
in sync with sys.version_info[:3].
- Bug #978833: Really close underlying socket in _socketobject.close.