for new-style class instances.
- Backport SF 742860: new, improved __delitem__ for WeakKeyDictionary.
+ This old __delitem__ wasn't threadsafe, was very inefficient (expected
+ time O(len(dict)) instead of O(1)), and could raise a spurious
+ RuntimeError if another thread mutated the dict during __delitem__, or if
+ a comparison function mutated it. It also neglected to raise KeyError
+ when the key wasn't present; didn't raise TypeError when the key wasn't
+ of a weakly referencable type; and broke various more-or-less obscure
+ dict invariants by using a sequence of equality comparisons over the
+ whole set of dict keys instead of computing the key's hash code to
+ narrow the search to those keys with the same hash code. All of these
+ are considered to be bugs. A new implementation of __delitem__ repairs
+ all that, but note that fixing these bugs may change visible behavior
+ in code relying (whether intentionally or accidentally) on old behavior.
- RPM spec file update from Sean Reifschneider.
- Distutils: Translate spaces in the machine name to underscores
(Power Macintosh -> Power_Macintosh)
- Distutils: on Mac OS X don't use -R for runtime_library_dirs, use
- Backported SF #658233, continuation lines in .mo file metadata
crashed gettext.GNUTranslations parsing. Also, export more symbols