- Restored support for HTTP/0.9 servers in httplib.
-- XXX The math module was changed to suppress underflow errors and
+- The math module was changed to stop raising OverflowError in case of
+ underflow, and return 0 instead in underflow cases. Whether Python
+ used to raise OverflowError in case of underflow was platform-
+ dependent (it did when the platform math library set errno to ERANGE
- Fixed a bug in StringIO that occurred when the file position was not
at the end of the file and write() was called with enough data to
-l changed: It now reports a count of objects that are recognized as
garbage but not freed by the garbage collector.
-- The regression test for the math module was changed to report
- exceptional behavior when the test is run in verbose mode.
+- The regression test for the math module was changed to test
+ exceptional behavior when the test is run in verbose mode. Python
+ cannot yet guarantee consistent exception behavior across platforms,
+ so the exception part of test_math is run only in verbose mode, and
+ may fail on your platform.
- Changed compiler flags, so that gcc is always invoked with -Wall and
-Wstrict-prototypes. Users compiling Python with GCC should see
exactly one warning, except if they have passed configure the
- --with-pydebug flag. The expect warning is for getopt() in
+ --with-pydebug flag. The expected warning is for getopt() in
+ Modules/main.c. This will warning will be fixed for Python 2.1.
- Fixed configure to add -threads argument during linking on OSF1.