This file is a running log of developers given permissions on SourceForge.
The purpose is to provide some institutional memory of who was given access
The first entry starts in April 2005. In keeping with the style of
Misc/NEWS, newer entries should be added to the top. Any markup should
be in the form of ReST. Entries should include the initials of the
project admin who made the change or granted access. Feel free to revise
the format to accommodate documentation needs as they arise.
- 2006 Summer of Code entries: SoC developers are expected to work
primarily in nondist/sandbox or on a branch of their own, and will
have their work reviewed before changes are accepted into the trunk.
- Matt Fleming was added on 25 May 2006 by AMK; he'll be working on
enhancing the Python debugger.
- Jackilyn Hoxworth was added on 25 May 2006 by AMK; she'll be adding logging
to the standard library.
- Mateusz Rukowicz was added on 30 May 2006 by AMK; he'll be
translating the decimal module into C.
- SVN access granted to the "Need for Speed" Iceland sprint attendees,
between May 17 and 21, 2006, by Tim Peters. All work is to be done
in new sandbox projects or on new branches, with merging to the
trunk as approved:
Kristj�n V. J�nsson
Richard M. Tew
- Steven Bethard was given SVN access on 27 Apr 2006 by DJG, for PEP
- Talin was given SVN access on 27 Apr 2006 by DJG, for PEP update
- George Yoshida (SF name "quiver") added to the SourceForge Python
project 14 Apr 2006, by Tim Peters, as a tracker admin. See
contemporaneous python-checkins thread with the unlikely Subject:
r45329 - python/trunk/Doc/whatsnew/whatsnew25.tex
- Ronald Oussoren was given SVN access on 3 Mar 2006 by NCN, for Mac
- Bob Ippolito was given SVN access on 2 Mar 2006 by NCN, for Mac
- Nick Coghlan requested CVS access so he could update his PEP directly.
Granted by GvR on 16 Oct 2005.
- Added two new developers for the Summer of Code project. 8 July 2005
by RDH. Andrew Kuchling will be mentoring Gregory K Johnson for a
project to enhance mailbox. Brett Cannon requested access for Flovis
Bruynooghe (sirolf) to work on pstats, profile, and hotshot. Both users
are expected to work primarily in nondist/sandbox and have their work
reviewed before making updates to active code.
- Georg Brandl was given SF tracker permissions on 28 May 2005
by RDH. Since the beginning of 2005, he has been active in discussions
on python-dev and has submitted a dozen patch reviews. The permissions
add the ability to change tracker status and to attach patches. On
3 June 2005, this was expanded by RDH to include checkin permissions.
- Terry Reedy was given SF tracker permissions on 7 Apr 2005 by RDH.
- Nick Coghlan was given SF tracker permissions on 5 Apr 2005 by RDH.
For several months, he has been active in reviewing and contributing
patches. The added permissions give him greater flexibility in
working with the tracker.
- Eric Price was made a developer on 2 May 2003 by TGP. This was
specifically to work on the new ``decimal`` package, which lived in
``nondist/sandbox/decimal/`` at the time.
- Eric S. Raymond was made a developer on 2 Jul 2000 by TGP, for general
library work. His request is archived here:
Permissions Dropped on Request
- Per note from Andrew Kuchling, the permissions for Gregory K Johnson
and the Summer Of Code project are no longer needed. AMK will make
any future checkins directly. 16 Oct 2005 RDH
- Johannes Gijsbers sent a drop request. 27 July 2005 RDH
- Flovis Bruynooghe sent a drop request. 14 July 2005 RDH
- Paul Prescod sent a drop request. 30 Apr 2005 RDH
- Finn Bock sent a drop request. 13 Apr 2005 RDH
- Eric Price sent a drop request. 10 Apr 2005 RDH
- Irmen de Jong requested dropping CVS access while keeping tracker
access. 10 Apr 2005 RDH
- Moshe Zadka and Ken Manheimer sent drop requests. 8 Apr 2005 by RDH
- Steve Holden, Gerhard Haring, and David Cole sent email stating that
they no longer use their access. 7 Apr 2005 RDH
Permissions Dropped after Loss of Contact
- Several unsuccessful efforts were made to contact Charles G Waldman.
Removed on 8 Apr 2005 by RDH.
Initials of Project Admins
GvR: Guido van Rossum
NCN: Neal Norwitz
RDH: Raymond Hettinger
TGP: Tim Peters
DJG: David Goodger