Thank you for downloading the source code of ProVoc! Please take a moment
to read the following lines:
- This source code is available under the BSD license (see below)
- This code base is really, really old... Please keep in mind that this
software has grown from a simple vocabulary training app that we've
written (probably like many of you out there) "just for our own needs".
- Be thus accordingly indulgent! We known that the overall structure,
the design patterns used, well... almost everything could have been
much clearer and much better -- if only we had the same knowledge
at that time as today.
- If you want to rewrite this app, think seriously about adopting some
up-to-date technology (CoreData is beyond any question, so as
QTCapture and all sorts of other things)
- This code should primarly serve as a reference for those of you
who want to write some "importers" for ProVoc vocabulary files.
- Please understand that we don't have time anymore to provide support
of any kind, or answer questions about the code.
Having said that, enjoy developing for Mac OS X -- we can assure you that
it's really a fun and inspiring experience!
-- Arizona Software
The "BSD licence":
Copyright (c) 2008 Arizona Software
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
(INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.