Select scripts from Oliver
This folder contains a selection of scripts I am using to help me accomplish certain tasks.
- makemcpp.cmd can be used to build MCPP, a portable C preprocessor. The tool is great, but it looks like the project is dormant or dead. makemcpp.cmd relies on setvcvars.cmd found in the same folder.
- ollisign.cmd is the script I am using to sign programs.
- setvcvars.cmd is a very nifty script that allows you to detect the given Visual C++ installation, given by the version number - e.g. 8.0 for Visual C++ 2005, and call its vcvars32.bat or vcvarsall.bat and thus make the build environment available to you (devenv.exe, nmake.exe etc). This is very useful if you don't want to hardcode the installation paths to Visual C++ into your build scripts. Instead setvcvars.cmd will use reg.exe (must be downloaded on Windows 2000, but comes on board starting with XP) to detect the installation path.
- setbccvars.cmd is an adaptation of setvcvars.cmd Christian Wimmer wrote for BCC/BCB from Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero.
- the folder speedcommander-includes contains some VBA snippets that I use for my favorite file manager on Windows: SpeedCommander. SC as it is affectionately called by its fans (me included) allows to automate tasks by means of VBA macros. In order to not repeat the common code in each and every macro, I wrote these "include" files. Make sure to read the README.txt in the folder to see how this works.
- svnsync-init.sh, sync and relocate-svnsync-source are scipts that can be used in conjunction with the svnsync command. From the first step of initializing to the steps of synchronizing regularly and relocating where to synchronize from.
- sysinternals-mirror a script that can be used to mirror the contents of http://live.sysinternals.com without wasting their bandwidth. That is, it will copy only select items and only if they have a newer timestamp than the local version.
The scripts are placed into the PUBLIC DOMAIN/CC0.