Allow for output without additional space padding
This could be especially useful for TSV and other
simple_separated_formats if their output is intended for automatic processing.
- tabulate can be used as a unified output library for human-readable formatting and for machine-readable output
- many formats may be useful in aligned and in non-aligned forms ("plain", "pipe", "mediawiki", "latex", TSV/CSV); some are useful only aligned
- introducing new built-in formats which produce only unaligned output (or produce unaligned output by default), goes against the principal purpose of tabulate to generate a human readable representation
- additional whitespace
- keep all formats aligned by default
- make alignment and padding optional
- avoid introducing new parameters/function arguments if possible
Work in progress:
See also discussion in pull request #6.