This is the Atlassian Performance Data Collection toolkit. It is used to collecting data to troubleshoot performance problems. Currently it is a server-side standalone application that exposes a series of REST APIs for collecting performance data.
Currently only Java 8 JDK is supported.
Please see How to use the Performance Data Collector for full details on how to install & use it.
The following options are configurable:
- Cpu Usage Sampling period. The default is 1s, it can be overriden with
-Dmbean.cpu.sample.sleep=<ms to sample for>If you increase this over 5s the below will also need to be increased.
- Collection timeout period. The default is 5s, it can be overriden with
-Dcollection.timeout=<s to wait for>. For example
java -jar -Dcollection.timeout=30 data-collector-1.0.3.jarto set it to 30s.
- The Development Guide is the place to start.
- Put in a PR if you want to contribute, the default reviewers will be selected automatically.
- Must follow coding standards such as having unit tests and follow the existing formatting style.
- Ensure squash on commit is used when PR is approved to keep master clean.