No macro found on content id

Issue #76 resolved
Bruce Cannon created an issue

Hi:

This bug was gone for a while, and it's resurfaced for me again today. Numbered Headings macro used in Confluence Cloud.

Any info?

Bruce

Comments (16)

  1. Gert-Jan van de Streek

    Bruce,

    There are no recent changes or deployments on our side. I will check on the Atlassian side if there were any upgrades/updates.

    Do you see this on one page / all pages? Do you see this when just viewing the page, or after an edit? When it's a single page, are there any restrictions on that page?

    Lots of questions, sorry about that. We've indentified a way to get to the root cause as quickly as we can. Thanks for getting back to us.

  2. Bruce Cannon reporter

    Multiple unrestricted pages in view mode, no recent edits. In edit mode, the macro frame is there and identified, and the content is visible within it. In view mode, the content is not rendered and only the above dialog is present. The plugin is paid and active and enabled. Thanks for your help!

  3. Gert-Jan van de Streek

    Thanks Bruce, this will help us identifying the issue, it will be our first prio in the morning.

  4. Tomas Theunissen

    Do you also get the error when you have a page with simple content (something like only a heading and a paragraph)? Could you also check if you have the latest version of Numbered Headings (you can check this in the 'Manage add-ons' section in the Confluence Administration, it should be version '1.1.6-AC'. Could you also check your Confluence version. The easiest way to do this is to open the 'Backup Manager' in the Confluence Administration, under 'Going to an Self-Hosted Instance' there should be a version like '5.9.0-OD-54-011'.

  5. Gert-Jan van de Streek

    Bruce, we got a number of other issues after this. They all seems to be related to the same root cause. We deployed a new version, can you confirm that it indeed also fixes your problem?

  6. Gert-Jan van de Streek

    Bruce, Eventually it turned out that the problem was in Atlassian Connect (which is the framework we build upon). Today a new release was announced that fixes this problem.

    I can't tell when this will hit your instance, but can you let us know how things progress?

    This is the announcement:


    Hi, we are pleased to announce the release of Atlassian Connect 1.1.33. This release is a bugfix release containing a fix for CE-163 (broken generation of macroHash) https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CE-163. Please see the release notes https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/1.1.33/release-notes/1-1-0.html#1.1.33 for the full scope of the release. The release is now in production. As always, feedback and bug reports are much appreciated! Best regards, The Atlassian Connect team

  7. Roger Oberg

    Installed the numbered headings today, and received a similar error. Is it a new fault? Or has it not been fixed yet? 2015-07-20 10_47_47-test - eFrikort - Confluence.jpg

  8. Tomas Theunissen

    Rogeroberg, this should already have been fixed. The only thing that can still cause this error (unless this is a completely new error) is when you deny the 'Numbered Headings' user (this user is automatically created by Confluence upon install of the add-on) access to the page. Did you change anything permissions related after the installation of the add-on?

  9. Roger Oberg

    No, I just installed the plugin and tried to use plugin on a already existing page. I also created a new testpage and got the same fault.

  10. Roger Oberg

    Or wait, that´s the case. I have created a group with users which should have access to the space. After adding the numbered headings to that group aswell the plugin is working.... I bit strange setup I think, but atleast it´s working now.

  11. Roger Oberg

    It would perhaps be good if you have a better message (if possible) instead of the "unexpected error" I think... At least we are resticting all our spaces to specfic groups, so now we to add numbered headings user aswell I guess..

  12. Tomas Theunissen

    Good to hear that it works now! We agree that this construction is a bit strange, but that's how Atlassian implemented Connect add-ons. The error that we show is what we get back from Confluence. I'll have to check if we can figure out if the page is restricted in another way.

  13. Log in to comment