Registration is a Pluggable registration application for TurboGears2. By default it will work with the quickstart TurboGears User model but provides a bunch of hooks that can be used to change the registration form and most of the registration aspects.
Registration currently supports both SQLAlchemy and MongoDB for database storage.
Registration supports both Turbomail and tgext.mailer to send emails.
tgapp-registration can be installed both from pypi or from bitbucket:
pip install tgapp-registration
should just work for most of the users
If you want to use Turbomail as sender install it from pypi:
pip install turbomail
If you want to use tgext.mailer as sender install it from pypi or from bitbucket:
pip install tgext.mailer
In your application config/app_cfg.py import plug:
from tgext.pluggable import plug
Then at the end of the file call plug with registration:
If you use tgext.mailer you need to plug it:
You will be able to access the registration process at http://localhost:8080/registration.
Some options are available that can be set on .ini configuration file for your application. At least one option is required to make activation emails work:
- registration.email_sender -> Outgoing mails sender
If you are using tgext.mailer you need to set up some configuration, check here for available options: https://github.com/amol-/tgext.mailer.
If you are not using neither TurboMail or tgext.mailer a few more configuration options must be set to make activation email work:
- registration.smtp_host -> SMTP server to use to send emails
- registration.smtp_login -> Login for authentication on SMTP server
- registration.smtp_passwd -> Password for authentication on SMTP server
When plugging tgapp-registration the following options can be passed to the plug call:
- registration.form -> Full python path of the form class to use for Registration form. By default registration.lib.forms.RegistrationForm is used.
Registration exposes some hooks to configure it's behavior, The hooks that can be used with TurboGears2 register_hook are:
- registration.before_registration(submitted_values) -> Runs after form submission. Can be used to change the values submitted by the form before they are used
- registration.after_registration(registration, submitted_values) -> Runs after form submission. Can be used to store eventual data that the form sent and that the Registration model doesn't support.
- registration.on_complete(registration, email_data) -> Runs after registration completion before sending activation email, can be used to change outgoing email.
- registration.before_activation(registration, user) -> Runs at activation before creating the user and setting the registration as active
- registration.after_activation(registration, user) -> Runs after creating user, can be used to call redirect to redirect to a different page at registration completion.
The templates used by registration and that can be replaced with tgext.pluggable.replace_template are: