What is virtualenvwrapper
virtualenvwrapper is a set of extensions to Ian Bicking's virtualenv tool. The extensions include wrappers for creating and deleting virtual environments and otherwise managing your development workflow, making it easier to work on more than one project at a time without introducing conflicts in their dependencies.
What's New in 2.7
This release clears most of the bugs from the backlog and adds a few new features.
- Fix problem with space in WORKON_HOME path (#79).
- Fix problem with argument processing in lsvirtualenv under zsh (#86). Thanks to Nat Williams for the bug report and patch.
- If WORKON_HOME does not exist, create it. Patch from Carl Karsten. Test updates based on patches from Matt Austin and Hugo Lopes Tavares.
- Merge in contributions from Paul McLanahan to fix the test harness to ensure that the test scripts are actually running under the expected shell.
- Merge in new shell command toggleglobalsitepackages from Paul McLanahan. The new command changes the configuration of the active virtualenv to enable or disable the global site-packages directory.
- Fixed some tests that were failing under ksh on Ubuntu 10.10.
- Document the VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_VIRTUALENV variable.
- Implement suggestion by Van Lindberg to have VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_HOOK_DIR and VIRTUALENVWRAPPER_LOG_DIR variables to control the locations of hooks and logs.
- Enabled tab completion for showvirtualenv (#78).
- Fixed a problem with running rmvirtualenv from within the environment being removed (#83).
- Removed use of -e option in calls to grep for better portability (#85`).