A Facebook-like timeline app for Django admin. It's very similar to built-in feature Daily progress, but then has a nicer templates and infinite scroll implemented. Actions are broken up by day, then by action. Filtering by user (multiple select) and content type (multiple select) is implemented.
- Django 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8
- Python >=2.6.8, 2.7, 3.3
- Install in your virtual environemnt
Latest stable version from PyPI:
Latest stable version from bitbucket:
Latest stable version from github:
- Add admin_timeline to your INSTALLED_APPS in the global settings.py.
INSTALLED_APPS = ( # ... 'admin_timeline', # ... )
- Collect the static files by running (see the Troubleshooting section in case of problems):
- Override app settings in your global settings module (see the apps.admin_timeline.defaults for the list of settings). As for now, most important of those is NUMBER_OF_ENTRIES_PER_PAGE - number of entries displayed per page (for both non-AJAX and AJAX requests).
- Add the following lines to the global urls module:
# Admin timeline URLs. Should be placed BEFORE the Django admin URLs. (r'^admin/timeline/', include('admin_timeline.urls')), url(r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),
See the live demo app on Heroku.
- username: admin
- password: test
Run demo locally
In order to be able to quickly evaluate the django-admin-timeline, a demo app (with a quick installer) has been created (works on Ubuntu/Debian, may work on other Linux systems as well, although not guaranteed). Follow the instructions below for having the demo running within a minute.
Grab the latest django_admin_timeline_example_app_installer.sh:
Assign execute rights to the installer and run the django_admin_timeline_example_app_installer.sh:
Open your browser and test the app.
- URL: http://127.0.0.1:8001/admin/timeline/
- Admin username: admin
- Admin password: test
If quick installer doesn't work for you, see the manual steps on running the example project.
If somehow static files are not collected properly (missing admin_timeline.js and admin_timeline.css files), install the latest stable version from source.
After following all installation steps, you should be able to access the django-admin-timeline by:
An example application is available. See the following directory:
GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1
For any issues contact me at the e-mail given in the Author section.