[June 27th, 2010] SemDiff 2.2.1 is out:
- Supports PPA 1.1.2, which includes many bug fixes and allows the multiple threads to access PPA.
- Added a new detector, fielddiff, created by Luke Bayly. This means there is a new database schema and you need to update your database or preferably create a new one.
- Refactored how PPA is used: PPA is now executed once per transaction when at least one plug-in requires a typed AST. * This greatly improve performance when multiple detectors require PPA.
- Added a Copy/Paste action in the Repositories View allowing easy sharing of repositories (similar to how CVS repositories can be copied/pasted in Eclipse).
- Because PPA now better supports Java 5 constructs, SemDiff correctly handles transactions containing changes to annotations and enum types. Future versions will include finer grained details in StructDiff/CallDiff/FieldDiff with augmented handles.
- This is likely the last release for Eclipse 3.5. Future releases will require Eclipse 3.6. Previous releases are no longer available through this website, but they can be requested by sending an email to Bart.
[January 8th, 2010] SemDiff 2.2.0 is out:
- Requires Eclipse 3.5.
- Supports PPA 1.1.1.
- Supports submodules in cvs repositories (e.g., a path could be org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime/src instead of org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime)
- Supports remote queries through JSON. See plug-in ca.mcgill.cs.swevo.semdiff.remote for more info.
[May. 14th, 2009] SemDiff 2.1.1 is out.
- More History Explorer queries available.
- Support for PPA 1.0.9.
[Feb. 24th, 2009] This is a major release of SemDiff that breaks the compatibility of previous SemDiff repositories. Do NOT update if you want to preserve your current repositories or contact Bart for indications on converting your old repositories.
- Changed structdiff to detect changes in import statements and extends statements.
- Fixed CallDiff to support new changes in structdiff (more call differences are detected).
- New Database schema: old databases can be updated (contact the Bart for more information), but it is recommended to create a new database and start over (no need to download the source files again though).
- Added new preferences in CallDiff detector (maximum number of calls is now customizable) and the Recommender (transaction number upper limit is now customizable: useful to get recommendations for a specific version).
- Added History Explorer (right-click on a call and select SemDiff-Get Call History: useful to know what happened to a certain method during the evolution of a framework).
- Support for PPA 1.0.8.
[Jan. 21st, 2009] Update site upgraded to support PPA 1.0.7.
[Jan. 11th, 2009] SemDiff 2.0.2 is out.
- Better heuristics to recover CVS transactions.
- Added log detector (generate text log for StructDiff and file differences).
- Added more preferences.
- Support for PPA 1.0.6.
[Nov. 20th, 2008] SemDiff 2.0.1 is out.
- Overwriting existing analysis results now works (old results were not deleted before).
- Two bug fixes related to the recommender user interface.
- Support for PPA 1.0.5.
[Oct. 10th, 2008] SemDiff 2.0.0 is out.