item_lookup with multiple ItemId's
Hi, I've been using this API for a few days now and love it, thanks for the great work!
I recently encountered behavior that may be an issue and hoping someone here may know ...
I am doing ItemLookup with multiple ItemId's, but if any of the ItemId's are not found on the Amazon site than the whole request fails. I should mention that I added an IdType parameter to item_lookup so I could lookup an item with UPC (pretty straightforward). prodResult = api.item_lookup(UPCstr, IdType='UPC', SearchIndex=searchIndex, ResponseGroup='Offers,ItemAttributes')
So if I send it the following UPC's (644209004461, 009800895250, 024100440771) everything works fine and prodResult is set. But if I add 301357583001 to the list than the entire item_lookup fails and prodResult is never set. Is this expected? I would think it would return an error for that Item but return results for the rest. I can do the item_lookup's individually but that makes it way too slow when you have anything but a small number of items (sometimes I need to lookup a 15-20 items at a time).
For the record, this has nothing to do with locale as a lot of others have experienced with the InvalidParameterValue error (my locale is 'us' fwiw). That is the error I would expect per Amazon's documentation for this lookup (UPC not found on ItemLookup) http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/index.html
But again my question is whether the entire item_lookup call should fail with InvalidParameterValue when 1 of n ItemId's are invalid.
Thanks for any info you can provide.