+tip (development version)
+* Delete deprecated subpackage: rails.
+ These are replaced by new helpers in date, html, misc, number, text.
+* Delete other deprecated subpackages: commands, hinclude, htmlgen, pagination.
+ Pagination is replaced by paginate.
- ``uk_counties`` returns tuples rather than lists.
+ Four other helpers reduce HTML entities or whitespace.
-* Delete deprecated subpackages: rails.
-* Delete other deprecated subpackages: commands, hinclude, htmlgen, pagination.
* text(), password(), checkbox(), textarea(), and select() have a
magic 'id attribute. If not specified it defaults to the name. To suppress
the ID entirely, pass ``id=""``. This is to help set the ID for title().
* Delete experimental module webhelpers.html.form_layout.
* Bugfix in distribute() found by Randy Syring.
* New helpers title() and required_legend() in webhelpers.html.tags.
* New directory webhelpers/public for static files
(You'll have to manually add this to your application.)
* nl2br() and format-paragraphs were not literal-safe.
- New helper transpose() to turn a 2D list sideways (making the rows columns
* webhelpers.html.form_layout: form field layout (PRELIMINARY, UNSTABLE).
* Include a faster version of cgi.escape for use by the literal object.
* Fixed bug in SimplerXMLGenerator that the FeedGenerator uses, so that
webhelpers.rails.url_for(), and webhelpers.pagination.
* Add webhelpers.html.builder to generate HTML tags with smart escaping,
along with a literal type to mark preformatted strings.
* Removed dependency on simplejson and normalized quotes. Patch by Elisha
-COMPATIBILITY CHANGES IN 0.6 DEV VERSION:
+COMPATIBILITY CHANGES IN 0.6 DEV VERSION
in webhelpers.html.tags do not add prefixes or suffixes to the URL args
anymore; they output the exact URL given. Same for button_to() in
* Fixed strip_unders so that it won't explode during iteration when the size
* Updated feedgenerator with the latest changes from Django's version (only
a few additional attributes).
* Added capability to pass pagination a SA 0.4 Session object which will be
used for queries. This allows compatibility with Session.mapper'd objects
and normal SA 0.4 mapper relations.
1.5.1). Thanks errcw. Fixes #288.
* Added the secure_form_tag helper module, for generating form tags
including client-specific authorization tokens for preventing CSRF
attacks. Original patch by David Turner. Fixes #157.
enable this command for your package.
* WARNING: paginate now takes arguments intended for the collection object as
query_args. This could affect backwards compatibility. This fixes a common
issue that non-keyword arguments passed into paginate get eaten by
* Fixed tag_options function to not str() string and let html_escape handle
it so unicode is properly handled. Reported with fix by Michael G. Noll.
* Added sqlalchemy.Query support to the pagination orm wrappers, patch from
* Adding counter func to text helpers, patch from Jamie Wilkinson.
* Sync'd Rails Text helper to 4994.
* Sync'd Rails Asset tag helper to 4999.
* Fixed form tag's method matching to be case insensitive.
* Adding simplejson req, adding use of json'ification. Updated scriptaculous
helpers to split out JS generation for use in JS Generation port.
* Finished sync'ing Rails ports (urls, tags) in WebHelpers. Closes #69.
* Brought asset/date/text helpers up to date with revision info.
* Brought feedgenerator in line with Django's version, which fixed the missing
support for feed categories and updated classes for new-style. Other minor
feed updates as well. Now synced as of Django r3143.