Using the CFWheels Autocompletion File
- Download cfwheels.xml and place it in the Notepad++\plugins\APIs folder.
- If you are using the ColdFusion User Defined Language (downloaded from the NPP site), rename cfwheels.xml to ColdFusion.xml (recommended until nppColdFusion is ready for public consumption).
- Ensure Function autocomplete is turned on in Notepad++ (Settings - Preferences - Backup/Auto-Completion. And tick the following boxes "Enable auto-completion on each input", "Function completion", "Function parameters hint on input").
- Type away in a Coldfusion file.
- I mostly got the functions automatically picked out of the wheels source files, so there may be a function or two missing that didn't get matched by my regexes. (i haven't found any missing so far, but I could be wrong so let me know if you spot one).
- In quite a few cases I've had to reduce the amount of blurb that pops up - this is due to a restriction in Notepad++ or Scintilla. I've tried to keep the popup as detailed as possible, but it really should be used as a quick reference only.
- If any function popups don't display, then let me know (I did go through them all to check but I may have missed one or two).