Our biggest release so far (55 tickets) with lots of new features and improvements. This release also saw a major new production deployment with the CKAN software powering http://data.gov.uk/ which had its public launch on Jan 21st!
For a full listing of tickets see: <http://knowledgeforge.net/ckan/trac/milestone/v0.11>. Main highlights:
* Package Resource object (multiple download urls per package): each package
can have multiple 'resources' (urls) with each resource having additional
metadata such as format, description and hash (#88, #89, #229)
* "Full-text" searching of packages (#187)
* Semantic web integration: RDFization of all data plus integration with an
online RDF store (e.g. for http://www.ckan.net/ at
http://semantic.ckan.net/ or Talis store) (#90 #163)
* Package ratings (#77 #194)
* i18n: we now have translations into German and French with deployments at
http://de.ckan.net/ and http://fr.ckan.net/ (#202)
* Package diffs available in package history (#173)
* Package undelete (#21, #126)
* Automated CKAN deployment via Fabric (#213)
* Listings are sorted alphabetically (#195)
* Add extras to rest api and to ckanclient (#158 #166)
* Change to UUIDs for revisions and all domain objects
* Improved search performance and better pagination
* Significantly improved performance in API and WUI via judicious caching
* Switch to repoze.who for authentication (#64)
* Explicit User object and improved user account UI with recent edits etc (#111, #66, #67)
* Generic Attributes for Packages (#43)
* Use sqlalchemy-migrate to handle db/model upgrades (#94)
* "Groups" of packages (#105, #110, #130, #121, #123, #131)
* Package search in the REST API (#108)
* Full role-based access control for Packages and Groups (#93, #116, #114, #115, #117, #122, #120)
* New CKAN logo (#72)
* Upgrade to Pylons 0.9.7 (#71)
* Convert to use formalchemy for all forms (#76)
* Use paginate in webhelpers (#118)
* Add author and maintainer attributes to package (#91)
* Change package state in the WUI (delete and undelete) (#126)
* Ensure non-active packages don't show up (#119)
* Change tags to contain any character (other than space) (#62)
* Add Is It Open links to package pages (#74)
* (DM!) Add version attribute for package
* Fix purge to use new version of vdm (0.4)
* Link to changed packages when listing revision
* Show most recently registered or updated packages on front page
* Bookmarklet to enable easy package registration on CKAN
* Usability improvements (package search and creation on front page)
* Use external list of licenses from license repository
* Convert from py.test to nosetests
* View information about package history (ticket:53)
* Basic datapkg integration (ticket:57)
* Show information about package openness using icons (ticket:56)
* One-stage package create/registration (r437)
* Reinstate package attribute validation (r437)
* Upgrade to vdm 0.4
* Convert to use SQLAlchemy and vdm v0.3 (v. major)
* Atom/RSS feed for Recent Changes
* Package search via name and title
* Tag lists show number of associated packages
* Autocompletion (+ suggestion) of tags when adding tags to a package.
* Paginated lists for packages, tags, and revisions.
* RESTful machine API for package access, update, listing and creation.
* API Keys for users who wish to modify information via the REST API.
* Update to vdm v0.2 (SQLObject) which fixes ordering of lists.
* Better immunity to SQL injection attacks.
* Purging of a Revision and associated changes from cli and wui (ticket:37)
* Make data available in machine-usable form via sql dump (ticket:38)
* Upgrade to Pylons 0.9.6.* and deploy (ticket:41)
* List and search tags (ticket:33)
* (bugfix) Manage reserved html characters in urls (ticket:40)
* New spam management utilities including (partial) blacklist support
* Preview support when editing a package (ticket:36).
* Correctly list IP address of of not logged in users (ticket:35).
* Improve read action for revision to list details of changed items (r179).
* Sort out deployment using modpython.
* System now in a suitable state for production deployment as a beta
* Domain model versioning via the vdm package (currently released separately)
* Basic Recent Changes listing log messages
* User authentication (login/logout) via open ID
* License page
* Myriad of small fixes and improvements
* Complete rewrite of ckan to use pylons web framework
* Support for full CRUD on packages and tags
* No support for users (authentication)
* No versioning of domain model objects
NB: not an official release
* Almost functional system with support for persons, packages
* Tag support only half-functional (tags are per package not global)
* Limited release and file support