Online service to take a gutenberg text, strip off the bumpf and make available in different formats such as plain text, html, pdf.
Copyright 2010 Open Knowledge Foundation. Licensed under AGPL.
= Plan =
== System Structure ==
- Frontend: catalogue and links to texts in various formats
- Store: with texts (maybe same as frontend)
- Messaging system
- Listeners which do cleaning and PDFizing
- Could plug in other cleaners ...
== Steps ==
=== Frontend ===
- I come to the Frontend and request Madame Bovary in PDF
- Frontend looks up in store where PDF exists
- Yes: return it
- No: proceed
- Add PDF task for Madame Bovary to task queue and return to user saying they should check back in 30m
=== Task queue ===
=== Storage server ===
=== Worker ===
- Worker checks for message for PDFation and finds pdf item
- Work locates and downloads source text
- Cleans and up PDFs source text
- Uploads results to holding/storage server
- Adds message that this has been done