:Author: Benoit Bryon <email@example.com>
-:Copyright: This document being part of the
Django-imagethumbnail package, it's
+:Copyright: This document being part of the jango-imagethumbnail package, it's
being distributed under the terms of the MIT license. See LICENSE
Django-imagethumbnail provides these functionalities:
+jango-imagethumbnail provides these functionalities:
* a template modifier that dynamically generates the thumbnail of an image, and
then returns the path to the generated thumbnail
It uses the following schema:
where the original image is located at path/to/image.jpg within MEDIA_ROOT
-* add test: is the filesystem (e.g. MEDIA_ROOT + IMAGETHUMBNAIL_THUMBNAILS_PATH) valid and writeable?
-* add test: check the return value of the "resize_into_box" utility function
-* improve exception handling when resizing original image and writing thumbnail
-* add test: check that PIL is available
-* add options: keep ratio, crop, stretch, quality...
-* perform code review on the thumbnail tag function: separate template tag tools
- (the parsing of parameters) and utilities (the thumbnail creation); simplify
- operations on names of directories or files.
-* add tools: manage generated thumbnails, delete "unused" ones...
-* make it possible to store and serve thumbnails apart from MEDIA_ROOT and
- As a first example, this could be used to store and serve thumbnails on
- As a second example, this could be useful for providing "access control" on
- thumbnails, in case the images are not public and are served only after user