PhotoPublish version 0.1
Boost Software License - Version 1.0 - August 17th, 2003
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person or organization obtaining a copy of the software and accompanying documentation covered by this license (the "Software") to use, reproduce, display, distribute, execute, and transmit the Software, and to prepare derivative works of the Software, and to permit third-parties to whom the Software is furnished to do so, all subject to the following:
The copyright notices in the Software and this entire statement, including the above license grant, this restriction and the following disclaimer, must be included in all copies of the Software, in whole or in part, and all derivative works of the Software, unless such copies or derivative works are solely in the form of machine-executable object code generated by a source language processor.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OR ANYONE DISTRIBUTING THE SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Simply run the program. It will prompt you for an input directory and an output directory. Please be consistent with your trailing slashes:
Source directory: D:\Photos\2008 Target directory: C:\Users\Ben\SkyDrive\FamilyPhotos\2008
The source directory and all subfolders will be scanned. The default rules are as follows:
- Anything that is not a JPG is ignored.
- Images under 500 KB are copied directly to the output directory.
- Images over 500 KB are resized to 1920 pixels on the longest edge, and the result is saved in the output directory.
- Images in the Source directory are never modified (although the "last access time" may be updated, depending on system settings)
- Images in the Target directory are never overwritten. Files and directories that do not exist are created. The modification timestamp of directories may change due to items being created within those directories.
Additionally, the directory structure of the Source directory is preserved and (relatively) re-created under the Target directory.