On Stackoverflow.com you can earn badges for various interactions with the system (like reading the FAQ, editing the first answer, question, …, see http://stackoverflow.com/badges)
To motiviate users to interact more with our system please implement a badges system for BibSonomy.
some badge ideas:
- 100 posts tagged with myown
- uses the list of publications on his/her website
- posted 1000 posts
- added tags to 10 posts posted at least 1 year ago
- removed 100 posts (currently rendering a 404)
- developed BibSonomy/a BibSonomy App (mailed a JabRef Layout, …)
- posted at least 1 post for x days
- user is a describers / categorizers
- send a post to another user
- reviewed the first publication
Be careful with these badges, don't motivate the users to "spam" the system.