- Install Virtualbox
- Install Vagrant
- Download and unpack bioBakery
- Run bioBakery by double clicking (or executing from the command line) the file for your operating system
- Linux and MacOS: start_biobakery.command
- Windows: start_biobakery.bat
Please note the first time you run bioBakery it will download and extract the box (~7.5 GB in size). This can take a bit of time depending on your internet connection. When you run bioBakery in the future, it will start up much faster (~30 seconds).
Please see the sections and links that follow for detailed information about bioBakery.
bioBakery is an easy to use, virtual environment that provides a platform for the research community to use the Huttenhower tools without having to install the tool suite directly on their personal machines. This documentation provides in depth instructions on all topics related to bioBakery (installation, basic setup and advanced configuration).
Please select one of the three options for documentation.
- Basic usage provides information about installation, basic setup, how to run a demo, and sharing documents and folders
- Advanced configuration documents useful tools for advanced users on how to run bioBakery with modified components of the virtual environment
- Internal documentation is for the Huttenhower Lab users and other members of the bioinformatics community to document the mechanism of bioBakery (e.g. how to add new tools and package and release new virtual images etc.)
We strongly recommend new users read the Basic Usage documentation to get started.
Please feel free to log any errors in the bioBakery Issue Tracker system.