def annotations(self, type, ids=None, all=False):
- Returns a generator returning annotations for specified type and ids.
- If ids are left blank, all annotations are outputed. Annotations are in the same order
- If all is True, all annotations are kept, else keep only "meaningful".
+ Return annotations for specified type and ids.
+ :param type: Object type (:obj:`DictyExpress.objects`).
+ :param ids: If set, only annotations corresponding to the given
+ ids are returned. Annotations are in the same order as
+ :param all: If False (default), only annotations for "meaningful"
+ annotation types are returned. If True,
+ return annotations for all annotation types.
+ Return all objects.
def get_data(self, type="norms", exclude_constant_labels=False, average=median,
ids=None, callback=None, format="short", transform=None, allowed_labels=None, **kwargs):
- Get data in a single example table with labels of individual attributes
- set to annotations for query and post-processing
+ Return data in a single table. Each feature represents a chip
+ and each sample is a gene. The ``.attributes`` dictionaries of
+ the features contain annotations.
- average: function used for combining multiple reading of the same spot on
- a chip. If None, no averaging is done. Fuction should take a list
- of floats and return an "averaged" float.
- ids: a list of chip ids. If absent, make a search
- exclude_constant_labels: if a label has the same value in whole
- example table, remove it
- format: if short, use short format for chip download
+ :param average: A function that combines multiple reading of the same spot on
+ a chip. If None, no averaging is done. Fuction should take a list
+ of floats and return an "averaged" float. Default: median.
+ :param ids: A list of chip ids. If absent, make a search. In this case
+ any additional parameters are threated as in :obj:`DictyExpress.search`.
+ :param exclude_constant_labels: Remove labels if they have the same value
+ :param str format: If "short", use short format for downloads.
+ :param transform: A function that transforms individual values: it should take
+ a float and return a float. An example use would be a logarithmic
+ transformation. Default: None.
- Defaults: Median averaging.
+ :returns: Chips with given ids in a single data table.
+ :rtype: :obj:`Orange.data.Table`