+- add mimetype attributes
+- improve guess_lexer heuristics (esp. for template langs)
+- goto label HL support for languages that use it
+- tell the PHP and DelphiLexer how to differ between Operators and
- allow multiple token types per regex (done, but awkwardly)
- allow "overlay" token types (e.g. Diff + X)
- highlight specials: nth line, a word etc.
- * HTML with special formatting
+ * HTML with special formatting?
-- goto label HL support for languages that use it
- add a `Punctuation` token type for symbols that are not text
but also not a symbol (blocks in ruby etc)
- add support for function name highlighting to c++ lexer
-- styles should be able to define the overall background color
-- tell the DelphiLexer how to differ between Operators and
+- readd property support for C# lexer
- review perl lexer (numerous bugs)
- add folding? would require more language-aware parsers...
- Has to return an float between ``0`` and ``1`` that indicates
- if a lexer wants to highighlight that. used by ``guess_lexer``.
- If this method returns ``0`` it won't highlight it at all, if
+ Has to return a float between ``0`` and ``1`` that indicates
+ if a lexer wants to highlight this text. Used by ``guess_lexer``.
+ If this method returns ``0`` it won't highlight it in any case, if
it returns ``1`` highlighting with this lexer is guaranteed.
The `LexerMeta` metaclass automatically wraps this function so
+ """Automatically import lexers."""
def __getattr__(self, name):
- """Automatically import lexers."""
- Utility functions, currently only for parsing lexer
:copyright: 2006 by Georg Brandl.
:license: GNU LGPL, see LICENSE for more details.