Thanks for the contribution, this looks all good, except for one thing – can you please add one example file for each language added, to make sure automated tests exercise those new lexers? Can be a minimal file, but I’m feeling uncomfortable adding new lexers without any way to exercise them easily.
Can you help me with how to update the source for this PR? I’ve force‐pushed changes, but they’re not getting reflected here, and I can’t figure out to do so. The only documentation I’ve been able to find claims that Bitbucket should autoupdate PRs when the branch changes, but it obviously isn’t (possibly because of the force‐pushing?).
So, according to a former Bitbucket dev, this should Just Work™. However, it seems a newer(/current?) employee, @Colin Wood broke it at some point and hasn’t fixed it yet… But maybe it’ll work if I create a branch and base a new PR off of that branch and then I should maybe be able to push away, forcefully or not. I guess I’ll do that…
Right. I got a bit put off/discouraged by Bitbucket being broken and having been broken for so long. I use both GitLab and GitHub almost on the daily and it just really irks me that something as fundamental as this doesn’t Just Work.
I’ll try and finish this off and then I’ll probably close this and make a new PR. I’ll try and do this today!
Looks like it. I just merged it for 2.4, and did some cleanups in 3c068f720e51 and aa4688a6c23a. The TOML lexer could use some more work, but let’s see how far the current one gets us Thanks again for the contribution!
I mean, what you had already was probably good enough. I just wanted to point out that BB hadn’t pulled in the latest changes in my “branch”. Anyway, I’m happy that TOML will be in the next pygments release! 🙌
I tried again, merged your new TOML sample, and did a bunch of fixes to the TOML lexer as a result (see 3b4e6a7bcf4f.) That should do the trick, hopefully. Next time I’ll probably just merge right away instead of hoping for Bitbucket to catch up.