README for sphinx-contrib
This repository contains a collection of Sphinx extensions maintained by their respective authors. It is not an official part of Sphinx.
Use setup.py in the subdirectory for the individual extension:
cd dir python setup.py build sudo python setup.py install
If you want to add your own extension, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and give your bitbucket user name; you will then get write access to the public repo at http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx-contrib.
Send wishes, comments, patches, etc. for individual extensions to their author as given in the module.
List of extensions
- aafig: render embedded ASCII art as nice images using aafigure.
- actdiag: embed activity diagrams by using actdiag
- adadomain: an extension for Ada support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- ansi: parse ANSI color sequences inside documents
- astah: embed diagram by using astah
- autoanysrc: Gather reST documentation from any source files
- autoprogram: documenting CLI programs
- autorun: Execute code in a runblock directive.
- blockdiag: embed block diagrams by using blockdiag
- cacoo: embed diagram from Cacoo
- cf3domain: a domain for CFEngine 3 policies
- cheader: The missing c:header directive for Sphinx's built-in C domain.
- cheeseshop: easily link to PyPI packages
- clearquest: create tables from ClearQuest queries.
- cmakedomain: a domain for CMake
- coffeedomain: a domain for (auto)documenting CoffeeScript source code.
- context: a builder for ConTeXt.
- doxylink: Link to external Doxygen-generated HTML documentation
- domaintools: A tool for easy domain creation.
- email: obfuscate email addresses
- erlangdomain: an extension for Erlang support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- examplecode: this extension adds support for a multiple language code block widget to Sphinx.
- exceltable: embed Excel spreadsheets into documents
- feed: an extension for creating syndication feeds and time-based overviews from your site content
- findanything: an extension to add Sublime Text 2-like findanything panels to your documentation to find pages, sections and index entries while typing
- gnuplot: produces images using gnuplot language.
- googleanalytics: track web visitor statistics by using Google Analytics
- googlechart: embed charts by using Google Chart
- googlemaps: embed maps by using Google Maps
- httpdomain: a domain for documenting RESTful HTTP APIs.
- hyphenator: client-side hyphenation of HTML using hyphenator
- inlinesyntaxhighlight: inline syntax highlighting
- lassodomain: a domain for documenting Lasso source code
- libreoffice: an extension to include any drawing supported by LibreOffice (e.g. odg, vsd...).
- lilypond: an extension inserting music scripts from Lilypond in PNG format.
- makedomain: a domain for GNU Make
- matlabdomain: document MATLAB and GNU Octave code.
- mockautodoc: mock imports.
- mscgen: embed mscgen-formatted MSC (Message Sequence Chart)s.
- napoleon: supports Google style and NumPy style docstrings.
- nicoviceo: embed videos from nicovideo
- nwdiag: embed network diagrams by using nwdiag
- omegat: support tools to collaborate with OmegaT (Sphinx 1.1 needed)
- osaka: convert standard Japanese doc to Osaka dialect (it is joke extension)
- paverutils: an alternate integration of Sphinx with Paver.
- phpdomain: an extension for PHP support
- plantuml: embed UML diagram by using PlantUML
- py_directive: Execute python code in a py directive and return a math node.
- rawfiles: copy raw files, like a CNAME.
- requirements: declare requirements wherever you need (e.g. in test docstrings), mark statuses and collect them in a single list
- restbuilder: a builder for reST (reStructuredText) files.
- rubydomain: an extension for Ruby support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- sadisplay: display SqlAlchemy model sadisplay
- sdedit: an extension inserting sequence diagram by using Quick Sequence Diagram Editor (sdedit)
- seqdiag: embed sequence diagrams by using seqdiag
- slide: embed presentation slides on slideshare and other sites.
- swf: embed flash files
- sword: an extension inserting Bible verses from Sword.
- tikz: draw pictures with the TikZ/PGF LaTeX package.
- traclinks: create TracLinks to a Trac instance from within Sphinx
- whooshindex: whoosh indexer extension
- youtube: embed videos from YouTube
- zopeext: provide an autointerface directive for using Zope interfaces.
When adding or updating your extension, please adhere to these guidelines:
- Use make-ext.py to set up your extension subdirectory.
- Each extension must be either a submodule or subpackage of the sphinxcontrib package. The sphinxcontrib/__init__.py file in your package must not be changed.
- Each extension must be listed in this file under "List of extensions" above.
- Each author should be listed in AUTHORS along with the extension name.
- It would be good to have all extensions BSD licensed; otherwise make a note in an ext/LICENSE file.
- Each extension can maintain a changelog and readme file; these files should be called ext/CHANGES and ext/README.rst, respectively.