- The directive class normally must inherit from the class
- ``docutils.parsers.rst.Directive``. When writing a directive for usage in
- a Sphinx extension, you inherit from ``sphinx.util.compat.Directive``
- instead which does the right thing even on docutils 0.4 (which doesn't
- support directive classes otherwise).
+ The directive class must inherit from the class
For example, the (already existing) :rst:dir:`literalinclude` directive would be
Sphinx needs at least **Python 2.4** or **Python 3.1** to run, as well as the
-docutils_ and Jinja2_ libraries. Sphinx should work with docutils version 0.
+docutils_ and Jinja2_ libraries. Sphinx should work with docutils version 0.
or some (not broken) SVN trunk snapshot. If you like to have source code
highlighting support, you must also install the Pygments_ library.