.. confval:: pngmath_dvipng_args
Additional arguments to give to dvipng, as a list. The default value is
- ``['-gamma 1.5', '-D 110']`` which makes the image a bit darker and larger
+ ``['-gamma', '1.5', '-D', '110', '-bg', 'Transparent']`` which makes the
+ image a bit darker and larger then it is by default, and produces PNGs with a
+ transparent background.
- An arguments you might want to add here is e.g. ``'-bg Transparent'``,
- which produces PNGs with a transparent background. This is not enabled by
- default because some Internet Explorer versions don't like transparent PNGs.
- When you "add" an argument, you need to reproduce the default arguments if
- you want to keep them; that is, like this::
- pngmath_dvipng_args = ['-gamma 1.5', '-D 110', '-bg Transparent']
+ .. versionchanged:: 1.2
+ Now includes ``-bg Transparent`` by default.
.. confval:: pngmath_use_preview