Issue #1190 resolved

Output TeX filename has no basename (only extention) when I set Japanese characters to "Project name" on quickstart

Takeshi Komiya
created an issue

With 1.2b1, sphinx-quickstart generates that include no basename files when I set Japanese characters (UTF-8) to "Project name".

$ sphinx-quickstart docs
> Project name: サンプルドキュメント
> Author name(s): Example
> Project version: 1.0

and i got including these lines

latex_documents = [
  ('index', '.tex', u'サンプルドキュメント Documentation',
   u'Example', 'manual'),

The second field of latex_documents means output filename of TeX. So I got file named as ".tex" when i ran "make latex"

$ make latex
sphinx-build -b latex -d _build/doctrees   . _build/latex
Making output directory...
Running Sphinx v1.2b1
loading pickled environment... not yet created
building [latex]: all documents
updating environment: 1 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
reading sources... [100%] index
looking for now-outdated files... none found
pickling environment... done
checking consistency... done
processing .tex... index
resolving references...
writing... done
copying TeX support files...
build succeeded.

Build finished; the LaTeX files are in _build/latex.
Run `make' in that directory to run these through (pdf)latex (use `make latexpdf' here to do that automatically).
$ find _build/latex

It seems man and texinfo have same problem (maybe).

Comments (5)

  1. Takayuki Shimizukawa
    • changed status to open

    Currently, filename accepts 'alphanumeric' and '-', '_' characters. If project name does not contain these chars, some filenames will be empty. In this case, I think it is reasonable to the filename sphinx.tex.

  2. Log in to comment