This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Sphinx. Feel free to suggest new entries!
How do I...
- ... get section numbers?
- They are automatic in LaTeX output; for HTML, give a :numbered: option to the :dir:`toctree` directive where you want to start numbering.
- ... customize the look of the built HTML files?
- Use themes, see :doc:`theming`.
- ... add global substitutions or includes?
- Add them in the :confval:`rst_epilog` config value.
- ... write my own extension?
- See the :ref:`extension tutorial <exttut>`.
- ... use Sphinx with Epydoc?
- There's a third-party extension providing an api role which refers to Epydoc's API docs for a given identifier.
- ... use Sphinx with SCons?
- Glenn Hutchings has written a SCons build script to build Sphinx documentation; it is hosted here: http://bitbucket.org/zondo/sphinx-scons