Sphinx is a maintained by a group of volunteers. We value every contribution!
- The code can be found in a Mercurial repository, at http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/.
- Issues and feature requests should be raised in the tracker.
- The mailing list for development is at Google Groups.
For more about our development process and methods, see the :doc:`devguide`.
The sphinx-contrib repository contains many contributed extensions. Some of them have their own releases on PyPI, others you can install from a checkout.
This is the current list of contributed extensions in that repository:
- aafig: render embeded ASCII art as nice images using aafigure.
- actdiag: embed activity diagrams by using actdiag
- adadomain: an extension for Ada support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- ansi: parse ANSI color sequences inside documents
- autorun: Execute code in a runblock directive.
- blockdiag: embed block diagrams by using blockdiag
- cheeseshop: easily link to PyPI packages
- clearquest: create tables from ClearQuest queries.
- coffeedomain: a domain for (auto)documenting CoffeeScript source code.
- context: a builder for ConTeXt.
- doxylink: Link to external Doxygen-generated HTML documentation
- email: obfuscate email addresses
- erlangdomain: an extension for Erlang support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- exceltable: embed Excel spreadsheets into documents using exceltable
- feed: an extension for creating syndication feeds and time-based overviews from your site content
- gnuplot: produces images using gnuplot language.
- googleanalytics: track html visitors statistics
- googlechart: embed charts by using Google Chart
- googlemaps: embed maps by using Google Maps
- httpdomain: a domain for documenting RESTful HTTP APIs.
- hyphenator: client-side hyphenation of HTML using hyphenator
- lilypond: an extension inserting music scripts from Lilypond in PNG format.
- mscgen: embed mscgen-formatted MSC (Message Sequence Chart)s.
- nicoviceo: embed videos from nicovideo
- nwdiag: embed network diagrams by using nwdiag
- omegat: support tools to collaborate with OmegaT (Sphinx 1.1 needed)
- osaka: convert standard Japanese doc to Osaka dialect (it is joke extension)
- paverutils: an alternate integration of Sphinx with Paver.
- phpdomain: an extension for PHP support
- plantuml: embed UML diagram by using PlantUML
- rawfiles: copy raw files, like a CNAME.
- requirements: declare requirements wherever you need (e.g. in test docstrings), mark statuses and collect them in a single list
- rubydomain: an extension for Ruby support (Sphinx 1.0 needed)
- sadisplay: display SqlAlchemy model sadisplay
- sdedit: an extension inserting sequence diagram by using Quick Sequence. Diagram Editor (sdedit)
- seqdiag: embed sequence diagrams by using seqdiag
- slide: embed presentation slides on slideshare and other sites.
- swf: embed flash files
- sword: an extension inserting Bible verses from Sword.
- tikz: draw pictures with the TikZ/PGF LaTeX package.
- traclinks: create TracLinks to a Trac instance from within Sphinx
- whooshindex: whoosh indexer extension
- youtube: embed videos from YouTube
- zopeext: provide an autointerface directive for using Zope interfaces.
See the :ref:`extension tutorial <exttut>` on getting started with writing your own extensions.