We've been using livesettings for ages, but found a lot of things really buggy and broken.
I've started trying to fix the issues on my fork on github: https://github.com/craigds/django-livesettings/compare/6b0270030ebc56f466eca6e92cf43e85...master
You can pull it with hg-git or similar. The main changes are:
remove dependency keyedcache (since we found it to be really buggy, completely unnecessary since it provided zero features on top of django.core.cache, and caused lots of silent failures when our cache backend wasn't properly configured. It also logged a lot of things unnecessarily, filling up our syslog with a line for every setting on every page render.)
the dodgy ConfigurationSettings 'singleton' (which was really not a singleton at all) has been deprecated. Instead there's a module level instance of this class (
from livesettings import configuration_settings...) The singleton thing still works for now, but should be removed in a future release.
replaced a lot of catchall
except:blocks; we found they were masking errors, making things hard to debug.
There's a lot of changes in this; I realise this will take some reviewing, but please don't reject it outright as it is a huge improvement to the reliability and usability of django-livesettings. It's also backwards compatible for the most part. I'm open to removing backwards incompatibilities if you find some.