*"$make" (note: if you have a multi-core/thread processor, using "j x" where x is how many cores/threads you have +1 will speed up compilation process, if you
have enough RAM. By example, if you have 2 cores with 2 threads, "-j 5" is a good idea.
+ The executable can be found in /build/bin
+ The libraries can be found in /build/lib/
+ The plug-ins can be found in /build/lib/plugins
-The executable can be found in autorealm/bin
-Currently, AutoREALM 3 is not able to generate itself it's configuration, and is not able to run without it, so you must install it yourself before run it. There
-are multiple ways to do this, the standard one and the xdg compliant version for Linux users. Also, it is split in 2 parts:
+CMake generates autoREALM 3's configuration and places it in /build/config.
*adapting configuration for your use
-EDIT: using CMake scripts AutoREALM 3 generates its configuration
- and puts it in /usr/local/etc/autorealm
-Windows is less powerful here (but not because it is my choice: it's filesystems are just lacking possibilities): you can only copy (or move) the folder "autorealm/config/autorealm" in "%HOMEPATH%/.autorealm" be sure to rename the folder with a ".".
-On POSIX operating systems, you have many solutions:
- * classic configuration::
- $ln autorealm/config/autorealm ~/.autorealm -s
- $ln autorealm/config/autorealm ~/.config/autorealm -s
- * system-wide configuration::
- $ln autorealm/config/autorealm /etc/autorealm -s
-WARNING: system-wide configuration, is NOT recommended, for some reasons:
- * AutoREALM 3 is still in heavy development, and so it can break your system if installed widely
- * system-wide configuration should only be made by package managers, to avoid wrong manipulations which can destroy your system
- * you will need to manually move/link all files in correct destinations (/usr/bin and /usr/share) each time you change something in code.
- * you will have to take care of right management
-Adapting configuration to your system
-Edit the file autorealm/config/autorealm/config and replace occurrences with the right path.
+Edit the file autorealm/config/autorealm/config and replace occurrences with the right path.