Django simple snippet help you manage snippet of code in various
language, Easy to install, easy to use, Django snippet let you order
snippets with tags, authors and languages they are coded with.
Django simple snippet also let you write a documentation on your code to
easily copy/paste/use your snippets in all of your projects.
Django simple snippet include a set of template based on Twitter Bootstrap to
help you start immediatly using django simple snippet.
Django simple snippet is also totaly usable with haystack for search in your
snippets and a search_index is already providen.
More information can be found in the `docs/build/html
Install Instructions are quite simple. Just install the requirements
(either with the providen require.txt or using a regular package
rename django-simple-snippet as snippet
Then add snippet to the list of INSTALLED_APPS
django-simple-snippet use 'django.contrib.markup' for rendering the
description of your snippets.
It also user django-registration for the registration process.
INSTALLED_APPS = (
then, you should run
to create the needed models
snippet rely on the admin app to let you edit the language allowed to
be used. If you do not want to use the admin, you should do the
from snippet.models import Language
description=<a fancy description
about your beloved language>)
You also need to modify your root urls to link to the needed urls for exemple:
A note about django-registration
For your convenience, snippet use django registration to manage
the user creation process and the login and logout. Templates for
registrations are avalaible in the snippet/templates/regisration
directory. If you do not whant to use this app, you must provide a
auth_login, auth_logout and an acount_profile urls.
Login, click on "add a snippet", chose your language, copy your code,
add a description and a set of tags and your in.
- simply copy n' paste code extract known as snippets
- automatic colored syntax of your snippets based on a uge amount of
languages (based on `pygments <http://pygments.org/>`_)
- descriptions in `markdown <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/>`_ for rich text edition
- templates already here for fast deployment
- share and find easily with everything needed to plus a full text
search engine like `haystack <http://haystacksearch.org/>`_
- tag your snippets for rapid usage
- subscribe to rss feeds to get fresh new snippets
This app is distributed using the `GPLv3 <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>`_. Licence file is providen in
- subscribe to a user/tag/language snippet rss feed
- bookmark snippets you liked
- let you tweet the snippet you like or you just created