Arduino-based binary clock on a 4x4 LED matrix
The 4x4 matrix will show the current time in a binary coded decimal format (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary-coded_decimal).
- Arduino board (e.g. UNO)
- 4x4 LED Matrix (i.e. 16 LEDs, 4 resistors)
- 2 pushbuttons (optional for setting the clock)
- Optional: case for the matrix
Files in the repository:
- Binary_Matrix_Clock_4x4.ino : Arduino code (you will need the time.h library)
- binary_circuit.png : The circuit description (not very accurate, but you will get the idea)
- clock.wrl and clock.png : A 3d-printable, textured case for the LED matrix (see also http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28831)
- license.txt : The license for all the stuff in the repository (GPL)
See http://postapocalypticresearchinstitute.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/diy-minecraft-binary-clock for a description and some images of the setup in action.