Push-to-talk for Skype (on Linux)
This gnome panel application allows one to assign a key (by default F12), that will unmute one's microphone in a skype conversation while pushed.
On Ubuntu, this is as easy as running
sudo apt-get install python-gtk2 python-xlib.
- Restart gnome panel by either logging-out/logging-in, or running
sudo killall gnome-panel(it will automatically restart).
- Right-click on your gnome panel.
- Select 'Add to panel'.
- Add 'Skype Push-to-talk'.
Changing the Push-to-talk Key
- Right-click on the 'TALK' icon in your gnome panel.
- Click 'Set Key'.
- Press the key you'd like to use.