synopsis: A library of statistical types, data, and functions
This library provides a number of common functions and types useful
* Common statistical tests for significant differences between
+ * Support for versions of GHC older than 7.2 is discontinued.
+ * All datatypes support 'GHC.Generics'.
* Modules 'Statistics.Math' and 'Statistics.Constants' are moved to
the @math-functions@ package. They are still available but marked
- * @dct@ and @idct@ now have type @Vector Double -> Vector Double@
- * The type classes @Mean@ and @Variance@ are split in two. This is
- required for distributions which do not have finite variance or
- * The @S.Sample.KernelDensity@ module has been renamed, and
- completely rewritten to be much more robust. The older module
- oversmoothed multi-modal data. (The older module is still
- available under the name @S.Sample.KernelDensity.Simple@).
- * Histogram computation is added, in @S.Sample.Histogram@.
- * Forward and inverse discrete Fourier and cosine transforms are
- added, in @S.Transform@.
- * Root finding is added, in @S.Math.RootFinding@.
- * The @complCumulative@ function is added to the @Distribution@
- class in order to accurately assess probalities P(X>x) which are
- used in one-tailed tests.
- * A @stdDev@ function is added to the @Variance@ class for
- * The constructor @S.Distribution.normalDistr@ now takes standard
- deviation instead of variance as its parameter.
- * A bug in @S.Quantile.weightedAvg@ is fixed. It produced a wrong
- answer if a sample contained only one element.
- * Bugs in quantile estimations for chi-square and gamma distribution
- * Integer overlow in @mannWhitneyUCriticalValue@ is fixed. It
- produced incorrect critical values for moderately large
- samples. Something around 20 for 32-bit machines and 40 for 64-bit
- * A bug in @mannWhitneyUSignificant@ is fixed. If either sample was
- larger than 20, it produced a completely incorrect answer.
- * One- and two-tailed tests in @S.Tests.NonParametric@ are selected
- with sum types instead of @Bool@.
- * Test results returned as enumeration instead of @Bool@.
- * Performance improvements for Mann-Whitney U and Wilcoxon tests.
- * Module @S.Tests.NonParamtric@ is split into @S.Tests.MannWhitneyU@
- and @S.Tests.WilcoxonT@
- * @sortBy@ is added to @S.Function@.
- * Mean and variance for gamma distribution are fixed.
- * Much faster cumulative probablity functions for Poisson and
- hypergeometric distributions.
- * Better density functions for gamma and Poisson distributions.
- * Student-T, Fisher-Snedecor F-distributions and Cauchy-Lorentz
- * The function @S.Function.create@ is removed. Use @generateM@ from
- the @vector@ package instead.
- * Function to perform approximate comparion of doubles is added to
- * Regularized incomplete beta function and its inverse are added to