Classic Mac Finder
Everything you loved about navigating files on your Macintosh Performa, Quadra, LC or Power Macintosh.
This project aims to be a functional re-creation of the classic Mac OS Finder. Now you can experience a pixel-for-pixel clone of the original Macintosh Finder on your modern Mac. This application is written in Objective-C and Cocoa.
This application is distributed as an unsigned .app binary. All releases can be found under the Downloads tab to the left. A download of the most recent version is linked on https://classicmacfinder.com.
Install as you would any other cocoa app.
- macOS 10.11+
- ~250 kb of free disk space
- Added the 1px white spacer between the detail bar and the scroll view.
- Now distributing both code-signed and unsigned binaries.
- Minimum system requirement is now macOS 10.11.
- Spatial window behavior! Finder windows now remember where you last placed them! :)
- Relicensed the entire project under Apache v2.
- The icons of opened folders now render with the correct background texture.
- If there are no open windows, clicking on the app icon in the Dock will open a new window at root.
- Finder windows representing the root volume now show the volume name instead of "/".
- Fix scrollbar up and left button positioning.
- Initial Release
Ben Szymanski - @captainflotsam
Distributed under the Apache v2 license. See
LICENSE for more information.