In the Map Editor, the default settings for the map compile tools (CaBSP, CaPVS, ...) are prepared for our binary release versions -- and fail when someone compiled from source code.
- http://www.cafu.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1287 for a related forum thread,
- http://www.cafu.de/wiki/mapping:compiling_new for the related documentation (with a slightly outdated screenshot).
- default settings should be guessed more intelligently,
- the documentation should be updated ("custom compile"), and
- ideally we would make it possible to jump from the "Compile..." menu items to the related page in the "Configure CaWE..." dialog directly.