- ocamlspot-samewindow: default is now nil. (The author prefers nil!)
- Cmt.recover_env used too much memory sometimes.
- Several elisp bug fixes
- ocamlspot-samewindow custom elisp var not to split windows at spotting
For OCaml 4.00.0.
- Now OCamlSpotter no longer requires compier patching. It is a standalone application.
- Use -bin-annot compiler option to produce .cmt and .cmti files for OCamlSpotter.
For OCaml 3.12.1.
- -i and --info options are now obsolete. Use ``ocamlspot info <filename>'' instead.
- --type-expand option is added for type-directed expansion of expressions and patterns.
- ocamlspot-path is removed. Use ocamlspot-command custom variable.
- ocamlspot-expand for type-directed expansion of expressions and patterns. Experimental.
- If OCAML_ANNOT environment variable exists, ocamlc/ocamlopt create .annot, .spot
and .spit files even without -annot option.
- Lazy thunks in Env.t are replaced by non-functional values.
- ocamlspot-pop-jump-stack for going back to the latest query position. Experimental.
- For OCaml 3.12.1 and rcs
- Use query (ocamlspot use)
- Standalone type checks (ocamlspot typecheck and ocamlspot recheck)
- elisp function ocamlspot-xtype for querying types of values
- elisp function ocamlspot-use for use query
- bug fixes and more spot support
- For OCaml 3.12.0
- Code cleanups
- if x.spot file was obsolete, ocamlspot searched x.spit file instead,
which was not a correct behavior.
- exceptions in pattern were not browsable.
- ocamldoc recorded top structures.
- fix for predefined exception
- added -n option which does not analyze definition position.
- ocamlspot-type function is added for type query in ocamlspot.el
- ocamlspot-use function is added for use query in ocamlspot.el
- supports a new position format l<line>c<column in bytes>
- supports a new query file:kind:path
- more spots are saved
- Work around for ocamlbuild. If .ocamlspot file with the text build_dir=dirname
is placed in a directory $DIR, then spot files of source files under $DIR
ex. $DIR/subdir/source.ml is searched in $DIR/dirname/subdir/. See an example
* ocamlspot-path is now ocamlspot-command. Please fix your .emacs.
- defcustom'ed and code clean-ups (thanks to Sam Steingold)
- various elisp bug fixes
- multi-byte character support in emacs
- Annotation data type simplification
- Spot file version number is introduced
- New browsables:
- Data type names to their type defs
- Module names to their defs (preliminary support)
- New browsables: variants and record labels to their type defs
- Enhanced spot file search: if ocamlspot finds no .spot in the load paths
but the corresponding symlinked .cmi, it also searches the .spot file
in the linked directory.
Clean-up and announce.
- File time stamp check
- .spot file versioning
- Support spotting externals.
- Enhanced elisp display
- ocamlopt creates .annot and .spot too
- Things are evaluated more lazily.
- Less verbose messages.
- Removed unnecessary files
- Location order was mis-defined.
The first release