- BACKWARDS-INCOMPATIBLE: Dropped support for Python 2.5 and Django 1.3.
- Updated to MarkItUp! 1.1.14 and fixed compatibility with jQuery 1.9. Thanks Roman Akinfold!
- Fixed MarkItUpWidget with custom attrs. Thanks GeyseR.
- Set previewParserPath dynamically rather than requiring it to be set in set.js. Thanks Sebastian Brandt.
- Fixed hidden-widget rendering of a MarkupField. Thanks Aramgutang.
- Prevented double application of MarkItUp! editor to an
#4. Thanks Rich Leland.
- Added __len__ to Markup object to facilitate length and truthiness checks
in templates. Fixes
#16. Thanks Edmund von der Burg.
- Removed all compatibility shims for Django versions prior to 1.3, including all support for static media at MEDIA_URL, static assets under media/, and the MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL setting.
- Updated to jquery 1.6.
- Added check to avoid double _rendered fields when MarkupField is used on an
abstract base model class. Fixes
#11. Thanks Denis Kolodin for report and patch.
- Added compatibility with new AJAX CSRF requirements in Django 1.2.5 and
#7. Thanks zw0rk for the report.
- Added blank=True to MarkupField's auto-added rendered-field to avoid South warnings.
- Django 1.3 & staticfiles compatibility: MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL and jQuery URL default to STATIC_URL rather than MEDIA_URL, if set. Static assets now available under static/ as well as media/. Thanks Mikhail Korobov.
- MarkupField.get_db_prep_value updated to take "connection" and "prepared" arguments to avoid deprecation warnings under Django 1.3. Thanks Mikhail Korobov.
- enforce minimum length of 3 characters for MarkItUp!-inserted h1 and h2 underline-style headers (works around bug in python-markdown). Thanks Daemian Mack for the report.
- Added markitup set for reST. Thanks Jannis Leidel.
- fixed reST renderer to not strip initial headline. Thanks Jannis Leidel.
- prevent mark_safe from mangling Markup objects.
- remove previously-deprecated markitup_head template tag
- wrap jQuery usage in anonymous function, to be more robust against other JS framework code on the page (including other jQuerys). Thanks Mikhael Korneev.
- upgrade to MarkItUp! 1.1.7
- add render_markup template filter
- update to jQuery 1.4 and MarkItUp! 1.1.6
- Add auto_preview option.
- Ajax preview view now uses RequestContext, and additionally passes MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL into the template context. (Previously, MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL was passed as MEDIA_URL and RequestContext was not used). Backwards-incompatible; may require change to preview template.
- Fix setup.py so tests package is not installed.
- Added empty models.py file so markitup is properly registered in INSTALLED_APPS. Fixes issue with django-staticfiles tip not finding media.
- Added MarkupField from http://github.com/carljm/django-markupfield (thanks Mike Korobov)
- Deprecated markitup_head template tag in favor of markitup_media.
- Added MARKITUP_MEDIA_URL setting to override base of relative media URL paths.
- added template-tag method for applying MarkItUp! editor (inspired by django-wysiwyg)
- initial release