Welcome to the Rhynamo Project!
What is Rhynamo?
Rhynamo is an open source plug-in authored by Nathan Miller (Formally of CASE, now founder of Proving Ground). Rhynamo exposes new visual nodes for reading and writing Rhino 3dm files. These tools expose new workflow opportunities between common design and production environments used in architectural design. We want Rhynamo to be helpful to your workflow, boost your self-esteem, and make you look cool in social situations.
Who maintains Rhynamo?
Rhynamo is maintained by Nathan Miller (http:://provingground.io) in a bunker somewhere near the center of the United States...
- Are you interested in learning Dynamo or Rhynamo?
- Are you looking to implement interoperability solutions that can benefit you and your business?
How do I get started?
You will need Dynamo (http://DynamoBIM.org) to use Rhynamo. In most cases, Rhino 5.0 is not required to read/write files. Rhino is required for "live" Rhino connections
There are currently two options for getting Rhynamo...
- Visit the Dynamo "Package Manager" - http://dynamopackages.com/
- Build Rhynamo from the source (Visual Studio 2013 C# Project)
What comes with Rhynamo?
Rhynamo ships will several important libraries...
- Rhynamo.dll - A "zero touch" library containing nodes for Dynamo.
- McNeel's OpenNURBS - https://github.com/mcneel/rhinocommon/wiki/Rhino3dmIO-Toolkit-(OpenNURBS-build)
- CASE_RhinoConnection.dll - A library for creating live connections with Rhino
How can I contribute?
If you have come across bugs or have wish list items, submit them to the Issues section of the Rhynamo repo.
If you have built some cool stuff for Rhynamo and would like to share it back with the official project, you can follow these steps...
Rhynamo wouldn't be the same without these folks... We'd like to say thanks to....
- The Dynamo and Autodesk teams for their continued support and help... and thanks for Dynamo!
- McNeel for providing an amazing open source geometry library: OpenNURBS!
- Over 300 people who signed up to be Rhynamo testers this fall. Your feedback was invaluable!
- Thanks to Brian Ringley (@Brian Ringley) for the name idea... sorry, no royalties on free open source stuff :)
The MIT License (MIT)
Rhynamo is an open source project under the MIT license
Copyright (c) 2014 Nathan Miller
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.