from . import cparser, model
- import _cffi_backend as backend
- except ImportError as e:
- warnings.warn("import _cffi_backend: %s\n"
- "Falling back to the ctypes backend." % (e,))
- from . import backend_ctypes
- backend = backend_ctypes.CTypesBackend()
+ # You need PyPy (>= 2.0 beta), or a CPython (>= 2.6) with
+ # _cffi_backend.so compiled.
+ import _cffi_backend as backend
+ # (If you insist you can also try to pass the option
+ # 'backend=backend_ctypes.CTypesBackend()', but don't
+ # rely on it! It's probably not going to work well.)
self._parser = cparser.Parser()