How to make a CP release
This wiki is being converted to a release script as ./release.py in the source tree.
Test the source
- Run the tests with `nosetests -s -v test`.
- You should probably do ssl, too.
- Test it on Windows, Linux, and Mac (solicit help from the friendly users on #cherrypy).
- Our `setup.py` says we require Python 2.3. You should probably test on at least 2.4, 2.5, 2.7, and 3.2.
Document the source code
- Change version # in
- Change development status in
- Change the
setup.pyto reflect the new version.
- Checkin changes
- Tag the source tree
./make-sdist(it is nice to have *.gz and .zip versions).
- On Windows, run
python setup.py sdist --format=zipand
python setup.py bdist --format=wininst.
- Upload it to download.cherrypy.org.
- Have a few friendly souls on the IRC channel test the released files.
python setup.py register
- Do a test of installing the distro with
- Change Wiki: Home page (news), CherryPyDownload.
- Announce it on newsgroups, mailing lists, IRC /topic etc.