Satchmo fails to replace product's current image with a new one.
steps to reproduce:
- from an admin interface at /admin/product/ select an existing prouct
- in product details in Product Images change the current image with other one
- save changes with the Save button
- refresh product's page in any store view (product detail from product.html template or products overview in catgeory.html template)
- the old image is still rendered intead of the new one
- thumbnails cache has to be updated with new product's image(s) and old ones have to be deleted
As I've bit investigated this issue I think there is some inconsistency between
using django.core.cache and
sorl.thumbnail module which is automagicaly used for final cache management.
Be assured browser's cache is not the cause as it was completely cleared before page reload. On top of that, in static/cache/[hash-for-thumbnail]/ path resides the old image's thumbnail after an replacement.
I find this issue a serious flaw as without working images updating the app is near to unusable.
Curious to hear anybody else can confirm this regression.