Contributing to Satchmo
If you would like to contribute to the project, here are some ideas:
- Develop a translation - HowToTranslate
- Create short tutorials or walk throughs
- Develop more unit tests
- Document any bugs you may find
- Contribute to our SatchmoContribs
If you would like to contribute code or documentation, here's how you can do so:
- Create a fork here on bitbucket.
- Change eventually after installation the path to installed satchmo written in the file "site-packages/easy-install.pth" to "path/your/repository/satchmo/app", for you to be able to pull and merge changes from the main branch and to push your changes easy to your public forked repository.
- Code and push to your forked repository.
- Open a new ticket with a link to your changeset, describing why Satchmo cannot do without your code.
We prefer this to submitting code as patches/attachments; by pushing to your bitbucket repository, it's easy to read and review your contributions. Not to mention all the DVCS goodness now that we are on Mercurial; pulling in code from other repositories (like yours) is pretty easy and more fun than applying patches.