- What steps will reproduce the problem?
* Run cefclient with the --site-per-process switch
* Navigate to some complex websites with too many videos and ads. I used several local newspaper websites and meme sites from the attached file.
* Scroll violently using the mouse wheel on each page until it crashes with an “access violation”.
- What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
* It should scroll the pages.
- What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
* CEF 75.0.7+g19229b6+chromium-75.0.3770.80 / Chromium 75.0.3770.80
* Windows 10 (64 bits) and Windows 7 (64 bits)
* Tested with the 32 bits cefclient : http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/cef_binary_75.0.7%2Bg19229b6%2Bchromium-75.0.3770.80_windows32_client.tar.bz2
- Does the problem reproduce with the cefclient or cefsimple sample application at the same version? How about with a newer or older version?
* CEF 74.1.19 didn’t have this problem.
- Does the problem reproduce with Google Chrome at the same version? How about with a newer or older version?
* I didn’t test chrome.
I used WinDbg to get the call stack in the attached file. It’s not easy to make it crash and sometimes it requires to visit 6 or 7 sites to see it but the call stack is is always the same.
This issue seem very similar to #2678 but I didn’t get an out of memory error.